Sunday, December 19, 2010

Steeler Pride

First of all, we are quickly learning that you really shouldn't step outside of the house in Pittsburgh on Sunday, game day or not, without wearing the faithful black and gold. We certainly stick out like sore thumbs when we are out in public. We also nearly got run over in our neighborhood as we were driving this afternoon and someone was clearly racing home as the Steelers game had just started. Well, I can't say that I have joined the bandwagon, but looks like my family sure has: Scott and Jane were watching the final minutes of today's game. As I was in the kitchen, all I could hear was Jane yelling, "Go Steelers!" Jane was getting too nervous and needed to take a seat (note: even Teddy Bear is in on it!).

It was too much for Daddy to handle as he took a seat beside Jane.

Despite the Steelers loss, Jane kept upbeat, striking a pose implying, "There's always next week!"

2 comments:

Becky said...

Love the team spirit! Definitely going to pretend though that Jane is rooting for a different (a.k.a. ANY OTHER) team. :) Miss you guys! (Go Browns!)

Elizabeth said...

I can't believe the Grizzlies didn't inspire similar behavior! :)