Thursday, April 3, 2008

What was Scott complaining about?

So, while Scott and Stanley were getting excited about a little snow in Memphis, I was literally stuck up in Cleveland during the great 2008 blizzard, as 18 inches of snow had me trapped. The whole family had gathered at my parents' house, minus Scott and Frank, for my grandma's funeral. We were all anticipating to head out on Saturday, March 8th, but plans quickly changed when the skies unleashed their rath starting Friday afternoon. We all quickly realized that Jacob and Travis were not heading back to Springfield for his basketball game, Amy was not going to drive up to MI, just to be caught in more snow, and I was certainly not going to get on an airplane back to Memphis (in fact the Cleveland airport closed!). Interestingly enough, when I called the airline on Saturday morning to change my flight, they mentioned that my 7 pm flight was still on-time. This is when I realized that I was actually speaking with someone in India, yet I was looking out my window at this:















So, for a good 48 hours, it was lots of family time! Lots of games were played: UNO Attack, Blink, Connect 4, and two nights of Poker. We managed to find enough food in the house to feed 9 people for two days, thanks to the neighbors! We watched Night at the Museum not once, but three times (Cole just loves this movie!), made cookies, took naps,
and Jacob, Travis, and Dad played in the snow.

Though it was fun, by Sunday, the troops were ready to head home. I unfortnately had to wait until Monday evening to fly out! Check out more pics from our family bonding weekend here.




1 comment:

Becky said...

Way to make lemonade from your lemons! Or fun family bonding time out of a lock-down, rather! Glad you've made it back safely and soundly, and that the snow has been replaced by outdoor cocktails in your backyard. A good trade-off!!